Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Finally Tried SMITE

First off blogging on your phone in a waiting room is weird and also limited. MOVING ON!

I have held off trying SMITE for a long time. Which now that I've tried it is regrettable. After grinding my face through League of Legends ranked queues it was nice to go back to simplistic gameplay. By simplistic I mean since I'm just starting there isn't the worry of performing like in ranked. Playing SMITE currently gives me enjoyment that I felt when I first picked up LoL. 

I realize there is so much to SMITE that I don't know yet but some things transfer over quite nicely. Basics of each type of champion seem to come more easily to me. Such as hunters being closely related to an AD Carry or a Guardian which is best described as beefy fun support classes. The biggest thing I like about SMITE though? Skillshots. Everything is a skillshot and with the changed viewpoint you can always have a chance of turning around a fight. 

On top of the view change all the champs are super fun for me. It's all based on ancient mythology through many different cultures. Being the huge nerd I am I have always loved mythology. Some of my favorites come from Norse and Greek myths. So I have already spent quite a bit of time reading through all the Gods. You can physically see the differences in styles between cultures which adds to the variety. 

I will most likely put more time into SMITE in the future but for now wanted to express my excitement for it. Specially while sitting at the hospital waiting for the broken radiation machine to work again. Ohhhh the woes of the medical field. No big deal though. Just means I'll be leaving here to run errands as soon as possible. If this busy day gives me a break at any time I'll either play SMITE or get the chance to play with my buddy Sheepy or Taeyeon Pie or Getty or Pyrax. Whichever name he chooses to go by at the time. Friend of many avatars but always Sheepy to me I think. 

With love,
Nubby

No comments:

Post a Comment