Wednesday, October 7, 2015

My First Reddit Content Post


So my latest vlog I did a little extra editing with and total time it probably took me 4-5 hours to complete. Since it deals with League of Legends and the currently ongoing World Championships I made the bold decision to post this video to Reddit. The League subreddit, which can be found HERE, is actually a terrifying place to put up your first big content post. Imagine the worst toxicity all found in a nice neat forum. Well I didn't care and posted the above video anyway and what was the initial reaction?

Not completely as horrible as I thought it was going to be but not that great either. Obviously, like any YouTube video, there will most likely be more negative than good comments that come forth first. I don't mind though because I know I have a long way to go before I'm where I want to be in regards to comfort in front of a camera. So I take everything said in comments and take them with stride because you have to be complete shit before you can even become better.

And I will get better and plan on taking some of the YouTube comments advice. The biggest complaint I've seen so far is there wasn't enough difference about it. Or there wasn't enough controversy that could spark debate. (I took that last part as there wasn't enough meaty details to make people want to talk about the video) Now granted some of this has to deal with the fact that when I did this vlog I tried to write somethings out. You can tell I'm reading quite a bit in the video which I know takes away from the jokes feeling natural. The writing itself needs a lot of work but I'm still so new to this I just try my best to learn. But I tried to get this all in order while working the night shift, getting home to layout groundwork writing, shoot video, gathered highlight videos, screenshots, logos, then throw the whole thing together fast enough that I have time to do some house cleaning before the wife gets home. I did a shit ton in a small amount of time and I'm proud of that. I also, whether this video gets a ton of dislikes or not, had tons of fun making this video and I plan to make more.

In the end even though I took some hits from Reddit I can take it. So here's to improving myself and making a better video every time. So what did you think of the video?




So they want controversy and debate huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment